Friday, September 25, 2009

My Ultimate Dream

I have wanted, for a long time, to do some studies on diets, health and other symptoms. I always wanted to do a trial of LCHF. But I am constant facing one issue. For it to be real research you would need some kind of control group.

How can I possibly ask people to stay on their high carbohydrate and low fat diets when I know it is harmful for them? How can I tell them to eat like that for 3, 6, 9, or 12 moths when that can slowly kill them? It shouldn’t even be allowed!

First do no harm is a well known fraise in medical literature but overseen by many. To have significant proof a control group is required… but where is the ethic in that when we know it is wrong? I don’t understand. Sure, if you have no clue of what is right and wrong and truly are testing one method over another without having a set goal already with it, like me, it would be ok I guess.

Off course we can now also argue that someone that is trying to prove a point, like me, can do so no matter the hypothesis… you can just simply deny to include studies that prove your point to be false. That is off course illegal – but yet we see it everywhere.

To me it is proof enough to see the groups I would love to work with (Diabetes, Weight Loss, Heart Health, and Skin Irritations) improve their own health. The health of others is my goal – not to really prove a point. The proving point part is just there to show when someone asks for it.

See, my dream is to become a certified nutritionist – open my own office – help people reach optimal health – and eventually I would go out of business because there would be no more people to help! That is my ultimate dream!

Anyone ready to sign up for any of my LCHF groups?

No comments:

Post a Comment