Friday, February 12, 2010

LCHF "Pancakes"

Like pancakes as much as I do? I am not a huge fan of the American style pancakes but like the Swedish style pancakes much better, I think you refer to them as crepes. I like mine with berry jam/preserves and whipped cream.

But as with many foods we have gotten addicted to, regular pancakes (American or Swedish) are not healthy. I am not talking about what we put on our pancakes, I am talking about what we put IN them. Wheat, wheat, and wheat... Did I mention that wheat is our biggest culprit when it comes to a healthy life style?!

You see... wheat is something so many companies promotes as healthy - whole wheat and heart health here and there, making it even more dangerous than sugar. Why, because people actually believe that whole wheat is healthy! I hear it all the time, and I was once, not long ago, one of those people too... Wheat is NOT healthy people, not even a little bit.

So back to my pancakes. Here is how you make some delicious pancakes without wheat:
For about 4 normal size pancakes:
2 eggs
1/2 pack of Cottage cheese (DO NOT PICK ANY LOW or NON FAT SELECTIONS)
a bit of salt
2-3 table spoons of Spelt flower

Mix it in a bowl - heat up a frying pan - add real butter - when melted add a few spoons full of pancake mix and flatten a bit to make a pancake, don't make them too large as they may be harder to flip if you do - flip to other side once firm - done.

Serve with warm mixed berries and whipped cream or anything else that is on the OK list.

By the way - I am not taking any credit for this recipe... just found it and thought it was very good!  


No comments:

Post a Comment