Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Hormone Based Contraceptives - I hate them

As I am still struggling with my major side effects from Yasmin I am trying hard to keep my head above the surface. Nothing is easy - every step I take drains my energy and I can't seem to focus or get anything done. Even making time to cook is hard and it is easier just not to eat... Luckily I have a husband that gets hungry so I have no choice but to eat.

The only thing that makes me feel that it is not ALL to waste is my ability to educate others with my experiences while getting my own physological sessions by talking about it, or writing about it to be more precise. I am absolutley not ready to talk about it without bursting out in tears.

I realize that it is hard for all readers to understand what I am talking about and from and outside perspective I look fine. I mean; I eat every day, I go to work every day, I run to the bathroom every day, I take a shower every day, I kiss my husband every day, I watch TV every day... I must be OK right?!

I so wish it was that easy - it is not. I don't even find pleasure in shopping anymore and that is crazy!

I can pretty much say that my recovery from Yasmin has been far from symptom free. But I know I will get there, I just don't know when. But this message was really not about me - I have found a great link that talks about all hormone based contraceptives and wanted to share it with all you women out there. One very strong point that they share in their report is that about one THIRD of all women who take a hormone based contraceptive are suffering from depression - ONE THIRD!!!

Visit the link and send it to others PLEASE

No comments:

Post a Comment