Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Happy 2010

It's been a while; Christmas has passed with all the crazy shopping, stress and decoration. Champagne was consumed along with getting a new years kiss...

I spent my holiday in Sweden with my friends and family - I ate everything I wanted, I drank everything I wanted, and I basically did whatever I wanted... It was a great time but always too short...

Me eating and drinking whatever I wanted resulted in me being back to square one when it comes to my weight... but I am for the first time not freaking out about it; I know I will succeed this time! My husband after seeing my friends and how they have changed based on eating according to LCHF is now following my lead. He is off course still picky but is cooperating. Doing this together is going to make it much easier I think. And as long as I can keep bringing lunch with me to work I will never get the cravings of having to go out and buy something that is on the "don't eat" list. And that will make a big difference both in weight loss and in energy.

Since I am still half living in central European time and half eastern US time I even wake up to have breakfast before going to work. That is also something that makes everything much easier and nicer. I think I will have to make it into a habit and not just luck.

For now it has been different versions of two eggs in the morning and for lunch I have had my favorite Greek yogurt: Fage (the original, not any low-or non-fat versions). Fage contains: 20g fat; 6g carbs; 14g protein so it really fills you up! I mix in 4C/Crystal light (half a pack) for flavor even if I am not totally satisfied with the long list of chemicals it is in each dose, and I crush some almonds too and mix it in. For a snack I usually eat some cheese and nuts, and sometimes I have a diet coke as well. For dinner I make something warm for both my husband and I - I think I will start to post some recipes and pictures of it and hope that I can inspire some of you.

Every year I make a new years resolution, most of the time it is just because you "should" but this year I feel different about things.
I want to make LCHF a way of life and not a diet
I want to start selling my baby clothes that I have been designing behind closed doors
I want to start and maybe even finish my book about the perfect woman
I want to finish what I start

But most of all I want to be an inspiration to all of you out there that anything is possible.

Humm... I just noticed a big misstake in what I just wrote... what the heck do "I want" mean??? Do I think this will be handed to me without me putting an effort to it??? I must change it to:

I will make LCHF a way of life and not a diet
I will start selling my baby clothes (do you have an idea of where I should do this?)
I will start my book about the Perfect Woman (and maybe even finish it this year)
I will finish what I start

But I do wish that all that can result in me being a good inspiration for you out there. But if you didn't like me before you probably won't like me in the future either, and that is OK.

Happy New Year from me and my husband!




2 comments:

  1. Happy New Year!! Have you thought about etsy.com for selling the baby clothes?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Robin! etsy.com was mentioned to me, but I haven't sat down and really reading all their rules and all that yet. I will though. I was also thinking about ebay but not sure how that works either. Do you sell/buy from etsy? I just feel that most people sell there than buy... or am I wrong?

    Happy New Year to you too! Hope everything is well!

    ReplyDelete