Wednesday, January 20, 2010

I am on my way

Life after the holidays have been treating me well. I was bursting out of my clothes after a wonderful holiday full of chocolate... it was delicious!

As a follow up on my 2010 objectives I am doing very well in implementing the LCHF as a way of life rather than a diet. This means that I will have a small potato or a piece of cake every now and then. I am  not letting myself go nuts. I am a person that wants what I cannot have - so if I tell myself that I cannot have cake - all I want is cake.Off course this is a much slower approach to reaching my goal, but also a friendlier way (for my mental health that is). I will not beat my self up if I do have a taste here and there. I only live once - right?!

I just have to learn to differ between a craving because I am hungry and a craving because it is that time of the month... I have been doing well on that part but it is not easy all the time. I have found that it is better for me to bring more food than I need in a day than too little because if I am hungry I will get a bad craving and there are plenty of vending machines around here... They should banned those things!

So with that said my goal is still to loose 13 kg or 28 lbs (from my starting point). My goal weight is 65kg / 143 lbs. I know it is going to be crazy hard once I start reaching the 68 kg / 150 lbs area but it will just have to take time. Time is all I have right?! AND I WILL GET THERE!! There is no doubt in my mind that I will. I am such a different person today than 4 months ago - I feel strong! It feels that I could overcome anything right now.

Along the line with living a healthier and happier life I have also started to do some weight lifting. I am mainly focusing on my upper body and my primary agenda is to work on my posture. I sit in the office all day and get that horrible posture while sitting by the computer all the time. I want to strengthen my back and stretch my chest out so it will make me look a little bit better. Back exercises, biceps, triceps, abs, butt, and shoulders are my target areas to accomplish this. My legs get plenty of a work out in my dance classes.


No comments:

Post a Comment