Monday, January 11, 2010

TKO

I found this with help from a friend on the Yasmin Survivor Forum; It feels like I just got hit in the face, fell on my back, and are trying to breath, all at the same time:

First of all for those of you commenting on birth control, you all need to understand birth control effects every woman differently by age and by already mental illnesses that are present prior to taking birth control. So, to tell people not to take this because of your experiences, does not mean it will be the same for someone else. Not only that, it seems people do not give it enough time to work. You cannot take it for only a month and expect it to be normal to your body right away. It takes time for your body to adjust to a birth control pill due to hormones in it. I used to start birth control with orthotricyclin. The first day I got very nauscious and threw up. The throwing up went on for a couple of weeks on that brand. Then, my periods were lasting for 2 weeks. My Dr. put me on micrette a generic brand with a lower dose. I still had the same problem and then weight gain. I decided to get off birth control all together because I did not like the side effects. I'm now 28 and realize the not good idea of not having pregnancy prevention back up. I finally got back on birth control and my Dr. put me on Yasmin. I am day 1 starter . I have not had any side effects except tiredness the 1st day. I'm clear of side effects for now and I know I'm in the clear due to the fact my past experiences of side effects on other brands of BCP were immediate. Never had I experienced depression or anger issues on any birth control pill. And honestly, it's not by the cause of birth control. It's by what is already an issue with woman, not the pill causing it. I spoke to my Dr. about this because it was a concern of mine based upon reviews of this brand. He told me just that, it's not the pill it's woman that already have issues and it's just showing because of what's really going on in their lives at the time and they are blaming the pill. They might not have had unusual stress before that time frame. They decide to blame the pill because they feel it had started due to taking the pill when really the problem was present before taking it. PMS effects everyone differently as well. I never had PMS symptoms until my later 20's and that was on the pill or off the pill. Periods change frequently. You may have a normal period without cramps, PMS, etc and then the next few you do. It's your body getting older. And when you get older your body changes as well as your hormones. Plus, woman older in their 30's are advised not to take the pill. Vision problems are not related to the pill. It's related to something else. More than reality it's an allergy.
So instead of blaming a pill, you need to ensure it's not related to another problem first.
I have not had any anger, any vision, any weight gain, or other side effects since I've been on Yasmin.
Hope I helped anyone.

You can find the real posting here 

I know this may not be a big deal for many of you... but the way I have suffered from Yasmin... this hurts. Off course everyone has a right to an opinion and not all women suffer from taking birth control pills, but some words just hurts... 



No comments:

Post a Comment