Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Protein Shakes - Watch out!

Time really going too fast one second and too slow the next - I can't keep up.
I am still working on my colon cleanse and I feel great about it and plan to once I am done to start drinking protein shake in the morning instead. As I was doing research I found a pretty disturbing article about the brands: 'Muscle Milk' and 'EAS Myoplex' apparently they are pretty dangerous to your health!!! Not because of the protein but because of some other horrible ingredients, that is not listed on the package:

EAS Myoplex Original Rich Dark Chocolate contain in 3 servings: 16.9 mcg Arsenic and 5.1 mcg Cadmium.

Muscle Milk Chocolate Powder and Vanilla Cream contain in 3 servings: 5.6 mcg Cadminum, 13.5 mcg Lead, 12.2 mcg Arsenic, and 0.7 mcg Mercury!!!



WOW - and just imagine - some pregnant women are taking this just to try to stay healthy without knowing what it really is! (Find the Report by Dr. Mercola - Warning: Some Protein Drinks Could Poison You).

Dr. Mercola in his article off course offers his advise and tell the reader to buy HIS whey protein... but there is no place where you can read the ingredients... so I decided to look for an organic whey protein somewhere else. This is what I found: Whey To Health by iHerb.com I think I will try it soon...


As far as my weight loss - it is still slow but I manage to break 165 lbs the other day which was a nice step... It goes up and down though and some days I get up to 168 lbs and some down to 166 on a regular basis. I believe that some more protein is what I am missing here. So that organic whey protein might help me out!

No comments:

Post a Comment