Thursday, September 30, 2010

Blood Sugar Testing

So I am back on testing my blood sugar again... but I must have picked the worst day ever to start...
For lunch we went to a Thai restaurant and I ordered a curry pot with coconut milk (without knowing it) and rice. So my blood sugar went for a ride!

60 minutes after lunch - 193
90 minutes after lunch - 217
2 hrs after lunch - 258
2.5 hrs after lunch - 140

I was getting a bit worried - numbers like that is just not normal... But I am also trying to figure out if I forgot to take my progesterone yesterday morning... and if that had anything to do with it?

I wish I could have the same food today just to check, but I will do it next time I'm there instead and keep this one for the record. So today I am going to continue sticking myself in the finger multiple times, and this is the start:

Fasting at 7.45 am - 89
30 minutes after having my protein shake at 9.30 am - 106
1 hour after having a Diet Coke (yes I am going to check everything today) at 11.00 am - 96

And my testing will continue...

Good guidelines to live by is:
Fasting: 79-99 mg/dl (3.9-5.5 mmol/L)
Postprandial (2hrs after eating): 70-145 mg/dl (3.9-8.1 mmol/L)
Random: 70-125 mg/dl (3.9-6.9 mmol/L)


No comments:

Post a Comment