Saturday, January 8, 2011

The blood type diet

A word from another world
For about three years I have been living on a LCHF diet. In other words; low carb high fat - a typical Atkins diet... but I have been doing worse and worse on it without understanding why at all... I mean it is the same diet as the superstars are eating, right!?! Why didn't it work on me??

Then I got the book Eat Right for Your Type - talking about eating according to your blood type, something that sound so absurd at a first glance, but now I am starting to think that this is what I need...  But have no idea.

For all of this time I have trained my brain that bread and grains are terrible bad for you, and that you need to eat meat, meat, meat... Something that I have enjoyed even though I have been longing for the potato, pasta, and bun on the burger.

Now, I have learned that my blood type is A
A blood type that for their own good should be a vegetarian, according to this theory! Vegetarian - me???!! I have never even tasted tofu or soy milk!

Today after writing a very long list with names of food I have no idea what it is even, I went to the grocery store to try to figure it all out. I felt I was in a different country completely without a map or compass! But on the other hand a map would have done me no good since I don't even know where I am going...

I think you can tell I am confused... even though it is starting to make sense to me I still have about a million of questions visiting my brain every second. I am starting to understand that the Atkins diet works so well for so many simply because there are more Type O people out there. They don't have to worry about their blood type...

But even though I am still confused and really have to learn things over again I am hopeful and I am ready to through myself in this with my entire body and soul. There is no time to waste doing it half, because if this is not going to work I will notice it faster and IF IT WILL work I will notice it too... and that is what I am really hoping for.

I am going to use this blog to write about my journey, all the new foods I will try, and also about the struggle on how to cook for two different people; I am a type A and hubs is a type O - the complete opposite! I am a very bad cook in the first place so sticking to recipes will be a must for me... If you have been through this journey I would love to hear your input.

Hoping for a great 2011!

No comments:

Post a Comment