Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Like an onion

I have stared to look at my body as an onion... with MANY layers. Each layer represent an issue and not until the first layer/issue has been resolved can we work on the second layer and so forth. Each issue is not equal to a specific symptom; which is something that is easily forgotten - as we are normally treated for symptoms and not the underlying issue. A series of symptoms can come from the same issue and the tricky part is to figure out the REAL underlying issue.

Each body is unique. We all have our own little list...
Our issues may be related to hormone imbalance, poor digestion, diet, family history, allergies, poor nutrition absorption, or whatever else our body can think of... the only issue is that our symptoms may not lead us to the real cause. Poor digestion my look like acne on the surface... just to give you a crazy example...

So after using myself as a guinea pig for over a year now I have decided to get some help. I have decided to try nutrition response testing, something I should have been doing a long time ago - but there is no time like the present right? I have my first appointment on Saturday and I am both scared and excited to hear what is going on. (For those of you who don't know I am still struggling very hard with my weight, something I NEVER had an issue with before, and I have bad acne on my face). It may sound like small issues, but after a year those extra pounds (20lbs to be exact) is no small issue anymore.

I have completely changed up on my diet - from being on a low carb diet for as much as I have been able to handle, to getting into what is called the Blood Type Diet. A diet based on your blood type. I am still not convinced it is the best way, but I am willing to give it a try, mostly because it is so different from what I have been eating (I am a type A and have been eating more like a type O).

So, ok ok.. I am still trying.. can't give up on HOPE right?!
Anyway... I just wanted to say hi, share some thoughts, and also see if there are any one of you who have tried the Nutrition Response Testing and the blood type diet who would be willing to share?


2 comments:

  1. I really like your opening paragraph! The analogy about the onion is really good and so right! I wish you a lot of luck with the NRT. It definitely benefited me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Martha! Today will be my first visit! xoxo

    ReplyDelete