Wednesday, November 18, 2009

First Diet Update


Two weeks has gone by since I started my diet and things have not been easy but looking back, not too hard either. I said I would measure myself and step up on a scale on Sunday the 15th, which I did – and here is my first update:

Chest: 38.2” (97 cm) [-0.8” (-3 cm)]
Waist (smallest part): 29.9” (76 com) [-2.35” (-6 cm)]
Waist (belly button level): 35.4” (90 cm) [-1.6” (-4 cm)]
Butt: 42.1” (107 cm) [-0.9” (-2 cm)]

Weight: 165.3 lbs (75 kg) [-6.7 lbs (-3 kg)]

BMI: 24.8 [-1]

So I am definitely going in the right direction. I must say that the biggest change I have done is the food part. I have stopped eating bread, pasta, potatoes, and sweets (besides for the cookie I just ate 30 minutes ago). It has gone very well I must say. I found small wraps at the store that only contain 5 grams of net carbohydrates. (Net carbs are: total carbohydrates minus fiber content) I use this wrap for at least one meal a day and I put egg salad, tuna salad, or chicken salad with different veggies on it. Filling and good! I also try to eat one avocado a day which I absolutely love! My most important supplement for the weight loss has been Kelp; for iodine to keep my thyroid working properly again.

I am off course still taking everything else I need for the post Yasmin effect such as: Calcium, Magnesium, Fish oil, Arginine, Vitamin C, Vitamin D, and some herbs like st. John’s Wart. One thing that I have seen besides for the weight loss is that my chronic sinus issue has drastically improved. I forgot my nose spray at work yesterday but manage to fall asleep just fine without it and didn’t wake up during the night because of breathing issues. I might have been really, really tired or I am actually getting better. I would love for that to happen because my nose is really hurting from all that spray; dried up and bloody at times.

Time will tell, as I always say.

As far as the exercise part of my diet it has been slow. I do my dance teaching 5 hours a week divided into 2 nights a week. They are not really giving me the exercise I need but at least I am not sitting on my butt and I do get to stretch a good amount which always feels better for my body. I have done a few morning walks and some elliptical machine work but I would not say that the exercise is counting much towards my weight lost – the food is.

Yesterday in the shower I remembered a time when people used to look at me and say “I want your body” It feels like that was ages ago – but I have such an urge to hear that again, or at least feel that they could say that to me. I want it SO BAD! And I will not stop until I am there, I can’t!

I am turning 30 a few days after new years and as probably many women feel – I want to look like a hot 30 year old woman. Oh, it feels so weird to think of me as a 30 year old… I don’t feel 30, not even a little bit. And I don’t feel that hot either to be honest. But one day, one day I will.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that's a lot of progress in a short time!! congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Robin, just a few more to go ;)

    ReplyDelete