Thursday, December 2, 2010

Call Back

I never thought that would happen... Never even crossed my mind...
I was at my family physician last Monday for some tests. I just basically wanted some updated numbers from last year on my Thyroid, Vitamin levels, and I also asked for Cortisol levels because I have been having some issues related to insulin.
Today they called and wanted me to come back in to discuss some abnormal levels. I tried to have the woman tell me what it was all about - and off course she is not allowed so she simply said: well, I don't know how to read this stuff. And would not fax me the results... So I have no idea, I can't prepare...

And then on top of that I had my yearly PAP today... any woman doing that knows that it is not the greatest moment in a year... In the examine room the gyno and I are talking about the FAM method as a birth control method. And she agrees that it works if you are educated on the method... She had one woman tell her that they were doing FAM for pregnancy prevention and said "I have not gotten pregnant yet"... Sounds like that person didn't think it was going to work! LOL!

So as I was walking out of the office I asked my gyno if she heard many women complain about yasmin... and she just said "oh no... what they complain about is the ads they see on TV... and that is just attorney's wanting money... any reason why you ask?" I didn't say much because I was taken by surprise and I felt that she was a little rushed. I guess the only symptoms she think I had on Yasmin was my bleeding... and I guess it makes sense. She has not been with me from the start, but now I am thinking I should write her a letter of some kind just to inform her what I went through...  or this ignorance will never stop...

No comments:

Post a Comment