Thursday, December 23, 2010

Merry Christmas 2010

I am writing you all an electronic Christmas letter this year because I forgot to mail it out to those of you who normally receive one – however, this is a more environmental friendly way of doing it and we all have to cheer for that, right. And I can reach so many more of you!

This year as been a big year for Paul and I. We have accomplished a lot and have asked more questions than someone would consider normal. On December 1st we bought our first two houses that we now rent out. I must say it feels very strange to own two houses yet not live in any of them. Much of our spare time this year as been spent learning about real estate investing and we are happy to see our hard work paying off. Now we just have to continue to grow and nurture it to make it into something bigger.

Next year we will most likely start hunting for a house that are for us, because we grew out of our one bedroom apartment a long time ago. And it would be nice to have a room for guests when they come and visit too.

We have enjoyed some trips this year: Last Christmas holiday we spent together in Sweden and loved being able to snowboard in the Norwegian mountains. In April we went to Orlando, Florida and spent much time with Paul’s favorite pastime – Golfing. We also visited Universal Studios, something I really enjoyed even though I got sick to my stomach after the Hulk roller coaster.

Trysil Norway Winter 2009

Golfing in Florida Spring 2010
Over the summer my sister visited and we took her to Baltimore and Washington DC for a few days, along with some day trips here and there. Having visitors from home is not something you get spoiled with when living on the other side of the pond; so every moment is treasured!

Sister and Paul in Baltimore Harbour
 I went to my first American Halloween party this year; it was an 80’s theme and I had only a day to figure out what I was going to do (also called procrastination) so I decided to do Flashdance. I was happy there was a bonfire at the party or I would have frozen my a** off! Unfortunately Paul was not able to attend, maybe next year?!

Flashdance for the 80's Themed Party
 Thanksgiving we spent at the Owen’s as usual. And as usual it is an amazing day and night with much laughter, great people, and very good food. It is like Christmas for my dear Hubs and to make it even better our first snow of the season fell that morning making it a tiny bit better.

Happy Thanksgiving
 This year’s Christmas holiday we are spending it apart. I am in Sweden and Paul is back home. Not the ultimate set up I have to admit, and I hope it does not have to be this way ever again. With the tax credit to home owners getting their house more efficient as far as energy, climate control, and water, Paul has been busy the whole fall with getting this done before the new year, without any chance of getting time off. All I can hope for is that he gets a good rest with the few extra days he will have off during the holidays.

As most of you know, my health has been a little rocky and I am planning to start off the New Year trying both Nutrition response testing (Kinesiology) and the Blood type diet as a new step in finding a way back to good health. I am very hopeful and know I will learn a lot more about myself and about health in general going through this process.

2011 will be an adventurous year it feels like, and I am looking forward to all the challenges it will bring. I hope to grow as a person, business owner, wife, and friend, and I also hope to learn more about holistic health and real estate investing.

A picture from my childhood bedroom window... it is really cold here right now!
 I wish all of you out there a wonderful holiday no matter what kind of them you celebrate and I hope you feel hopeful about the New Year.

Much love

No comments:

Post a Comment