Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Market your Online Biz

Ok, so I just updated my shop on zibbet.com a little - decided to try a premium account for a few months and see if it will do me any good.

But the real trick here is not to have a premium account or a great looking shop online. The MUST when selling something is VISIBILITY! If no one knows where to find your stuff, then you are most likely not going to succeed. It is easy to set up a website, it is a little bit trickier to get people to visit your shop, and another jump to get the ones who visit the shop to actually BUY something.

So, I have to really target the people I try to advertise to - they have to be in the right demographics for my stuff. I know who they are - now I just have to find them. Mommies, Grandparents, and other people that would buy gifts for babies and children. They can't be that hard to find right?! No they are not, those people are EVERYWHERE - the hard part is to make them pick your store before anyone else. To look at it on a bigger picture, I am even competing with Macy's when it comes to some things, and maybe Walmart when it comes to other things. How do I make them realize that buying from me is original and not something you will find everywhere?! How do I make them come to me?

No comments:

Post a Comment