Sunday, May 9, 2010

Day 4 to 7

The rest of my first week has gone pretty smooth. I have been able to start reading while on the elliptical and it saves me so much time, or even better - I can get in more than one hour of reading every day! So my road to my financial investment education is going even faster.

It is always harder to follow a certain diet over the weekend. You are used to having a drink or going for a nice Italian dinner... you have to be strong and keep reminding yourself why you are doing it! But I can also tell you that re-fueling your body with some extra carbohydrates one day a week is not bad, but can actually be beneficial. I am not saying to eat that whole pizza you have been craving for the entire week; that would be counter productive for you. I am talking about eating more fruit one day, or have sushi or similar. I am still saying no to wheat and sugar.

So some new meals I haven't mentioned so far are:
Ribs with steamed veggies - so so so good!!
I had chicken with mozzarella and eggplant on Saturday evening, it was hard to say no to the pasta that comes with it, but I survived!
Friday night I had sushi with some friends and it was very good. I also had two glass of Merlot.
Even though alcohol is something you should try to eliminate, I don't see too much harm in having it every now and then. We don't go out that often so when we do I don't feel bad about having a glass or two.
I also had a salmon lunch with green beans

My exercising have been the elliptical. I have increased the minutes to 45 minutes per session and hope that I can manage 60 minutes next week. I have also counted my dance class I teach on Thursday nights my cardio for the day. It is not as easy to give a value of lost kcalories but it is more than sitting in the office, that's for sure!

As a summary I can say that my mind is still focused and I feel good about what I am doing. I feel more awake during the day and my mind is much stronger than it has been in a long time. I know I will accomplish the results I am looking for here.

How are you guys out there doing?

No comments:

Post a Comment