Friday, May 14, 2010

Overcome - don't give up!

After my almost two weeks into my new life I have noticed a few things:
Sugar/Carb cravings are not as hard as you think to overcome, I haven't felt it at all, except for at one point when I drove by a Dairy queen and said 'ohh a Blizzard would be nice' and then I remembered that I don't eat that anymore...

Second thing is that you can see improvements so fast! I teach dance and on Thursday I have an adult class that I dance with, not only teach. Yesterday I noticed that I didn't get as tired as I normally get. I think I have the elliptical to thank for that (or myself for using it, haha).

But I have also noticed that new things can hurt you a little. Yesterday I started to feel that my lower back and buttocks were getting tighter and very sore, today they are even worse. So this morning I dedicated on some well needed stretching and self massage. I have a feeling I am going to need more.

So what I really want to say with this is that unexpected things can happen and it is important to take them as challenges and try to overcome them rather than give up. You still have to focus on your goal, it might slow you down a little bit, but don't let it stop you!! You will grow even stronger by stepping over some hurdles you didn't count on.

Be strong and focus!

No comments:

Post a Comment