Monday, May 17, 2010

Like mother and child

Our mind is one of our strongest tool to use when we want to accomplish something, but it is also our greatest enemy! How can one thing be both those things? 

Our mind makes us stronger or weaker, our mind makes us do, or not do, and our mind makes us grow no matter what roads we chose to travel on...

First there is you telling yourself what you want, but it is not until the brain understands it or want it too that you actually do. I sometimes feel I have two people inside of me - like the mother and the child. The mother tells me what I should do and the child usually rejects it with some great excuse... I hate it. I want to do what momma tells me - that is why I am telling me to do one thing in the first place! What is stopping me?

Do I have communication issues? Do I need to explain things better to my inner child?

Yesterday when I was on Facebook I noticed one of my friends saying "step 3" and she explained what it was, after someone asked what she was talking about, that she had reached her 3rd step in accomplishing something she wanted to accomplish. I thought that was great - maybe that is exactly how I need to do it too. Define my steps. When am I done with step one, step two, and so on... I thought that was so great!

Off course that is how I would advise others to do, but with myself I usually skip a few steps since my head is already at the finish line thinking that the work is done. Funny and frustrating how I don't walk the talk.

No... I am not a complete failure - I am still loosing weight and I am still learning about real estate investing, and I am still planning for a life in freedom away from the 8-5 job day in and day out... but there are still things missing... Things I need to figure out.

Are you arguing with your inner selves too?



No comments:

Post a Comment